Friday, August 18, 2017

WEEK 52 : ONE YEAR !! WHERE DID THE TIME GO ?


   Last Tuesday was my dad’s birthday so shout out to Brian Snyder for being awesome.  Last Tuesday we traveled back from Manila.  We had to wake up early to drive and catch the boat.  We were so tired but we saw a ton of dolphins jumping in and out of the water, it was pretty cool. 
   On Wednesday we taught and found people and also got punted from homes, it was pretty normal.  We have many good investigators and are always trying to find the ones that Heavenly Father has prepared.
   On Thursday we reviewd the baptismal interview questions with an investigator.  She’s so ready to be baptized, I'm excited for her.   We taught another investiagtor that will be baptized later this month, she is so smart. haha  She thought coffee was ok if it was white coffee,  but now she knows and wont drink it anymore. 
   On Friday we had zone conference. It was so spiritual. I learned so much, the spirit was so strong. I felt peaceful and happy. Heavenly Father gives us just what we need through the spirit. He answers our questions and helps us keep going.  I was wondering many things and I learned what I needed to at zone conference and had questions answered.  My advice to everyone is just to trust in the Lords timing and to always sustain leaders, they ARE called of God and are entitled to revelation. Trust in the Lord always.  There was also a 6.1 earthquake in a place called Batangas but we were in a place called San Jose and barely felt it.  Pretty sketchy.
   On Saturday I had exchanges with our Kabahays. I stayed in their area.  We were riding bikes and my companion I almost crashed into each other.  I was following behind and had to slam on the front brake and I went up almost vertical.  All of a sudden my agility(ninja skills) went up to a new level and I was able to control and jump off in the air and land still holding the bike right next to my crashed companion.  I would have ran him over and crashed into him.  He got the worse of it.  He hit the ground hard, bike rolled over him and he got beat up.  Nothing broken though,  he'll be fine.  I saw that he had landed on the side of the road but his bike was still in the road so I moved it and then like 5 seconds later a huge truck came flying by.  So many little things happened and we felt protected despite the crash.  it was a  cool experience.   Also in their area I saw a duck farm which was pretty cool.   Our investigator passed her interview with flying colors.  
   On Sunday we had a great day.  Some missionaries that served here in our mission came back and our misson president was still here.  Our sacrament in Mamburao was awesome.  The area is really progressing and the members are stepping up.  They’re coming in white shirts and ties now and they all look good.   Some recent converts spoke for the first time and they did a great job.   Members received callings and the recent converts are studs at the sacrament.  It’s like they grew up in a ward.  We had so many people, we ran out of cups and had to refill the trays.   The missionaries that came back cried becasue they remember when there was not a single member there.   I remember when only one or two would come to church but now there’s 36 attending not including missionaries,  it’s amazing.  So blessed and thankful to serve here.  I felt the spirit so strong during our rest hymn of “ I am a child of God,”  it was incredible.  We really are His children and He loves each one of us so much. 
  It was a great week.  I hope you all have a great week.  Please read 2 nephi 31.  Press forward feasting upon the words of Christ.  love you all.

Elder Snyder









No comments:

Post a Comment