Sunday, April 15, 2018

WEEK 85: PUMPED TO BE A MISSIONARY

  Hello!! Another week has flown by and it was an incredible week. We watch conference a week behind here and it was such a great conference. Probably one of the best ever. I learned so much!!  We truly have a prophet of God here. This is Jesus Christ's church and He is leading it through President Russell M. Nelson. 

  Last Wednesday we were busy in the morning.  We helped organize and coordinate transfers.  No one transferred in our threesome. It will be a great transfer!  After we got home we went to a really progressing investigator. We taught the Plan of Salvation and it was amazing. This guy had questions and concerns because a family member had passed away and the lesson brought him comfort.  We also had success and progress with other investigators.  Really exciting day. 

  On Thursday we found a new family.  They are very curious and very smart.  We are so excited to be able to teach them.  We found them by talking to them at like 8:45 P.M. on our way home and they said to come back the very next day.  The Lord is always directing and helping people to learn the truth.   Also I had a great experience where we were teaching an investigator and the Spirit was so strong and I just felt like I really understood what he was feeling and like I was in his shoes.  It made it so easy to teach and it just flowed. The Spirit is the real teacher. 

  On Friday we had a meeting at the mission home.  We got some good food and received even better inspiration and learned so many new things that we can apply in our area and in the zone. There are so many great things happening here.  So many miracles!!  We didn't get home till late but we were still able to teach one powerful lesson.  It's a part member that is going through some sicknesses and we shared a Book of Mormon verse and it just seemed to talk right to him. The Book of Mormon is so powerful.  

  Saturday was so amazing!!! The first day of conference.  I cant explain how awesome it was. I learned so many new things. Priesthood session was especially powerful for me. I learned a lot and it just got me pumped to be a missionary.  President Nelson is so cool and love what he did. I felt a spiritual confirmation that he is the prophet of God.  I loved Elder Bednar's talk about being meek. Lot's of good learning. I really felt like they were answering personal questions and being taught from on high.  After conference we went on splits with a member.  The work was good, double as effective.  We found new people and got lots done. 

  Sunday was amazing too.  We went to pick up a tatay to go to church and we thought he might say he was busy but he just came to the door and said lets go!  It was awesome.  We picked up another investigator close to him and went off to watch conference.  It was great for our investigators to see the conference center and learn from the prophets and apostles.  Another great conference.  I loved President Nelson's talk about revelation.  After the conference we were able to teach some good people.  This area is cool.  we found a member from Brigham city, Utah that lives here.  Very cool to talk to someone from America. 

   I hope you  all continue to study what was said in conference.  It came from the Lord and I know that we can all find answers to questions as we ready ponder and pray.  I had many things answered and I know it can happen to each of us. have a great week. 

Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment