Thursday, September 7, 2017

WEEK 55: I'M TRAINING... WE WENT AND FOUND THE CAPTAIN!!

   Here in the Philippines they are already looking forward to Christmas.  We have started singing Christmas hymns in sacrament.  Philippines is awesome!

   A lot happened this week.  Many new changes and things that will happen.
   
   Last Tuesday was pretty normal but the Lord did provide a miracle.  We found a member in Mamburao!!   Since we're still growing, if we find a member it’s amazing.  It was awesome.  We got all the info and moved their records.   

   On Wednesday we taught one of the most sincere investigators I've ever taught.  He is so spiritual and awesome.   It was amazing.  It’s so cool seeing him learn and grow little by little.   We were able to give some baptismal dates which makes me very happy. J

   On  Thursday we had some other really great lessons.  We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ to that really sincere investigator and his family.  It was straight fire.  We inserted the word of wisdom and he promised to live it.  He’s pretty cool.  The only problem is he's a fisherman and they are poor and so when the captain calls to go fishing he's gotta go and they are gone a lot on Sunday’s.  So what we did,   we got the name of the captain and went and found him and taught him.  He’s a nice guy and we're hoping it goes somewhere which will help our other investigator. 

  On Friday we taught about prayer to some people.  Even though we were teaching I learned things. Prayer is so important. I think sometimes we don't give it as much time and though as we should. It is a conversation with God.  Prayer is powerful! I would like to challenge all to pray morning and night and ponder what they can do to improve their prayers and to think over their life on how prayer has helped us and when some prayers are answered.  I've noticed that I can be praying for something and then look back and see the answer, but it takes us looking back.  When you identify something, we should show gratitude to our Heavenly Father.  Prayer is awesome and something we can literally do anywhere. 

   On Saturday we taught the sincere investigator about the Sabbath day and felt sure he would come to church.  We gave baptismal dates and taught some other fire investigators that I’m  very grateful for.   We had a sad moment when a person we thought had tons of potential told us to never come back.  We testified and tried, but respected his wishes.  It was hard and sad, but later that day we were on a van and I was talking to someone and I felt this overwhelming love for them.  It almost brought me to tears (and I'm not a crier so that was strange) it was just a taste of God's love for that person and for all of us. It was incredible.  Always remember that God loves you so much.  He loves you more than you can comprehend.  

  Sunday was awesome!  There were some straight fire testimonies from some recent converts.  There were tears from them and the Spirit was so strong. It is incredible to see the faith of these people and how God is blessing them.   Our mission president says we are so close to being a branch.  I can feel it. I am so excited and thankful to be serving here. 

   This week is transfers.  I will meet my companion on Thursday.  I'm excited,  I will be training a brand new greenie  into the mission field.  I think he will be Filipino.   This will be my 5th transfer that I have stayed put in this area, and I love it.  The Lord is blessing us. I hope everyone has a great week and keep praying. 

Elder Snyder


Take Me To My Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment