Monday, September 11, 2017

WEEK 56: NO MORE SQUISHY VAN RIDES

  Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week.  I had a good week here.  Many changes but the Lord helped.
   So last Wednesday my old companion, Elder Mesobre, went home and so we were in a threesome and worked in Mamburao.  It’s weird working in a threesome but it was a good day.  We got the contract signed for an apartment and should be moving up there soon which makes me so excited which means no more squishy van rides!!!   We taught some really good lessons and found some good new investigators. the work moves forward by small and simple things.
   On Thursday my new companion arrived fresh out of the MTC.  His name is Elder Arriesgado. He is awesome.  He is ready to work hard and be obedient. We are going to have a great transfer. I was nervous for my companion but he is awesome.  It’s a little weird having someone new and being the one that has more knowledge but it will all work out. 
   On Friday we got punted a lot and talked to a ton of people.   It was about 7 P.M.  and we were punted and hadn't taught a lesson yet,  it was rough.  We walked by this house and I just glanced at it and then took a few more steps and then stopped. I said” let’s try this house.”   They let us right in and they were straight fire.  They were so sincere and it was truly a time when we were guided by the spirit.  It was so awesome!
   On  Saturday we taught a lot and worked really hard.  My voice got so tired.  My companion is still getting used to teaching and so I teach a lot more.  We last minute dropped by a member and I believe it was guided by the Spirit because she was hoping we would drop by that week because she had been sick.  We were able to give her a blessing.  The Lord cares about every single one of us.  We taught good lessons, my companion still adjusting but he will figure it out.  I read one of my favorite verses, Mosiah 24:14-15. The people of Alma were in bondage, they had many trials and burdens.  I love what the Lord did. He strengthened them so they could bear their burdens and they became light. I always learn something each time I read that scripture.  The Lord will not always just remove trials but He will strengthen us to be able to bear them easily. 
   On Sunday we taught how to administer to the sick to the branch.  The priesthood holders are still new, so it was good we reviewed the process.  I closed the teaching with a testimony about the priesthood. I really felt the spirit. I know that God has once again called a prophet and has restored his priesthood to the earth to act in His name for the salvation of His children. I am so thankful for the priesthood and for all the blessings it brings.  The senior couple made us some sloppy joe's for lunch and it was heaven.  It tasted so good.  I really miss sloppy joe's.  We had a good week for church attendance and the work is moving on and the Lord is providing.
   It was a good week. Book of Mormon reading and prayer is powerful. Trust in the Lord. Love you all. Have a great week.

Elder Snyder

My New Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment