Tuesday, September 19, 2017

WEEK 57: GREAT DAY WITH AN APOSTLE

   This week was amazing. We had an Apostle of the Lord visit us. It was legendary. I am so thankful for the opportunity.  I learned so much and had questions answered.   The whole week was great starting with Monday.
     Last Monday I really learned that 1 Nephi 3:7 is important. Nephi didn't half heartedly commit. He said he would do what the Lord commanded, not if it’s convenient but that he would do it regardless of what happened.
    On Tuesday I learned about and experienced the power of testimony.  We had an investigator that’s pretty smart and was starting to debate with us.  We didn't want that in our lesson.  I just bore down in testimony to him of what we were saying.  He literally changed.   He went from being on the offense to actually listening and being receptive.  He changed and so did the lesson, it was incredible.  Testimonies are powerful!
    On  Wednesday we got picked up to go to Manila for the mission conference.  This was a cool conference because the whole mission would be there, even the missionaries from Mindoro (us).   We traveled all day.  The couple missionaries were awesome and bought us McDonalds’s it was so nice to eat a Big Mac.
    On Thursday we worked in some other missionaries areas.  We worked all day.   It was actually right next to my second area.  I even saw the bishop from my last area.  It was cool to see him and talk to him for a second.   We taught some good lessons.  It was kind of  weird being back in the city and working.   I forgot how polluted and crowded it is in the city but its great because there's literally millions to talk to haha. 
    Friday was the visit of Elder Andersen.  We all got to the chapel really early to practice and arrange for the picture.  It was so cool when he came in. He had a spiritual presence, so cool to hear him speak in person.  We all took a picture with him and then got to meet and shake his hand.   It was my first time shaking an apostles hand.  We were with another mission (Quezon city north mission) and both missions sang a special musical number.  I felt the spirit so strong,  I can’t describe it in words.   When 350 missionaries sang "we are as the army of Helaman" the spirit was so strong.  I felt it in every part of my body.   When Elder Andersen spoke it was pure spit fire.   He answered so many of my questions and really helped me.  His testimony was incredible of the Savior.  He is truly a special witness of Christ and I know he is a true apostle just like the early apostles. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet and this is the true and living church of Jesus Christ here on earth.   We traveled back to Mindoro after the conference which was a long rough road.
   Saturday I was sick but we worked hard and did our best.  We  had a pretty normal day.
   Sunday was normal.  I'm just excited and motivated to work after hearing what Elder Andersen said.  I am so thankful to be here and for the success that God has granted us. Missionary work is awesome. I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Snyder




No comments:

Post a Comment