Thursday, October 26, 2017

WEEK 61: I ARRIVED IN MY NEW AREA... SPIDERS !!!!

  I've been transferred. I was in my last area so long its weird to be the one transferred I like the new area and it will be awesome. 

   Last Wednesday was my last day in Mamburao, it was sad.  I've been through and done a lot there. I'm really going to miss it but its time to move on.   We taught people and dropped by others.  The members and recent converts are awesome.  

  On Thursday we did a lot of travel, we woke up at 4 am and was picked up at 5 am.  The Hatches (SR. couple) took us to the pier, they are awesome.  The world needs more senior missionaries.  They are amazing and so helpful and help the work so much.  I traveled all day and finally got to my area.  It's basically the farthest you can go in the mission on the mainland (my last area was on a separate island).  It's so beautiful though.  It's in the mountains so the temperature is cooler.  It's still province.  The couples live right next to us (lucky to be assigned with couple missionary again) and they feed and give us cookies.  It's amazing. 
   On Friday we worked all day.  We met members and getting to know the area.  There was also a mutual activity.  It's a small branch but they have strong youth here.  I'm really excited for it here.  I saw my sisters favorite tree.   It  was a tree literally full of giant spiders as big as a hand, really creepy.  We taught some great people today. 

   On Saturday I was a little lost, haha.  Still learning the area but its coming along.  My companion is awesome.  I got an exciting phone call from my mission president.  He wanted to inform me that my last area (Mamburao) was just approved to be a branch!!!!  I'm so pumped.   It's such amazing news.  I might gain some weight here.  Even though we have to walk up steep hills all the time, the senior couple gives us lots of cookies.  They are super delicious. 

   On Sunday I interviewed an investigator for baptism for some other missionaries in the district, it was cool. It went well, they are ready.  I want to share a cool story that a recent convert told us Sunday night.   He said a little bit ago there was a temple trip for the branch.  They wanted to go but the day before they didn't have enough money to pay for food and stuff while they were traveling.  He put his trust in the Lord and the Lord provided. Literally the day before, it was raining and he's a driver.  When its raining there's not a lot of passengers.  He literally never ran out of passengers.  Someone would get off and immediately someone would get on.  That lasted all day, so crazy.  All the other drivers had no passengers but he had endless.   The Lord provided a way and he made so much money they could afford to go.  Shows how the Lord loves us and it doesn't mean that he will just drop solutions in our laps but will help us along the way.  The man still had to work but the Lord consecrated his performance for his gain. 

I had a great week and I hope you all have  one too.

Elder Snyder

This is for you Ali, Liv and Peyton



No comments:

Post a Comment