Monday, November 6, 2017

WEEK 62 & 63 : DON'T TAKE THE SIMPLE THINGS FOR GRANTED

  WEEK 62

I'm really short on time this week.  I would just like to share a cool story.

   Last Tuesday we had zone conference. and I was told a cool story.   The missionary that is assigned in Taguig 1st (my first area) told me that a family my companion and I found got baptized as a family.  Such a simple story but so touching and made me so happy.  The church is true and the Lord is in charge and guides the work and is preparing many. 

   I want to give a birthday shout out to Ali for turning 17.  I Hope it was a great day. 

   We had a good week. worked hard and taught repentance.   looking forward to another great week.  I invite everyone everywhere to open their mouths and share the gospel.   It's the best things we've got so we need to share it. there are many that need the gospel and all it takes is us sharing and inviting. 

WEEK 63

   Last week was great!!!!!! we had a baptism!! so exciting and so happy. 

   So last Tuesday our baptismal candidate got interviewed.  Travel and exchanges are hard because areas are far apart. I went on exchanges with the zone leaders so they could interview our candidate. It was awesome, I learned so much. 

    On Wednesday we had trainee/trainer meeting.   I learned a ton.  President Koster did our zone interviews.  Interviews are always awesome with president.  He told me about my last area and about the current area.  The last area is becoming a branch and recent convert just got the Melchezidek priesthood.  It's so exciting to see the work progressing in that area and my current area. 

   Thursday we worked hard and taught a lot. We really are focusing on strengthening here. They're all great members and do so much for the church, it's awesome.

   On Friday we taught some great lessons.  We taught this one couple that is saving to be  married so they can be baptized and then go to the temple. They really want to go to the temple.  This made me realize how important the temple is and sometimes it can be taken for granted.  Because of where I've been transferred I haven't been to the temple in about a year because it's so far away. I miss it and encourage all to go as much as possible.  The Lord needs us in His temple to carry out that part of the work.

  On Saturday we had the baptism!!!  It was a great service.  Many members showed up and the program was smooth.  We then baptized in a river which was a new experience.  It was cool. It was a great experience.  Having baptisms is so happy and makes everything worth it.  The person that was baptized gave a great testimony and it was topped off with great cookies  from the couple missionaries, great day.   Later that night we had a great FHE with a family. 

  On Sunday the confirmation was great.  We focused on finding less actives.  We were blessed and found some and even found a member that is not on the records of the branch which is a great find. It  shows how the Lord works by small and simple means.  

   It was a great week. I learned a lot.  I hope you all have a great week

Elder Snyder


No comments:

Post a Comment