Sunday, December 3, 2017

WEEK 66 : INVESTIGATORS FOR 5 YEARS!!!

  This week was alright. We worked as hard as we could.  My companion was really sick so we did all we could.
  On Tuesday my companion was not able to go out so I left him with the couple missionaries and went with the branch president to teach and visit one family. It was amazing.  I had a scripture prepared to share and then last minute Alma 38:5 came into my head and so that's what I shared and it was perfect.  The spirit was there and it really helped this family.  The branch president is awesome and spit fire and shared some amazing stories.  It was such an amazing lesson. 
  On Wednesday I had exchanges with elder Roberts. I truly testify that the Lord puts people in the missionaries path. In a period of 25 minutes we found 4 amazing people that had been taught previously but had somehow lost contact with missionaries through moving or other things. It was awesome and so the missionaries in that area will visit them. The interviews were amazing. The people being baptized have been investigators for 5 years and as I interviewed I could feel their excitement and that they are ready.  
   Thursday happy Thanksgiving!!! I have so much to be grateful for. I love being on the mission and all the people and things that have happened.  It was a simpler day. We taught some good investigators and I bought a lechon manok to celebrate Thanksgiving and some rice,It was good.  
   On Friday we had minimal work because my companion was still pretty sick. Also on Saturday he got so sick that we couldn't even go out. Just studied and read and did all I could to follow up with investigators.
   Sunday was great. I am really coming to love the sacrament on my mission. It's a time of refreshment and contemplation.  
   Monday was great. Visited and taught some great lessons. One lesson was great. We have this great family that would be baptized if they were married so we went to the government building and got the papers. We started the lesson by sharing Ether 12:6 and how we need to show our faith for the miracles to happen and then got out the papers. The happiness in their eyes was great. They saw we were committed to do all we could and it's hard to explain but the spirit was there and I felt so happy.  Transfer day is coming and no one will transfer.  

Hope you have a great week!

Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment