Friday, January 12, 2018

WEEK 72: I WAS THE TRANSLATOR

   This week was so amazing. We were very busy but it was all worth it because we had baptisms this week! 7 people entered the waters of baptisms. It was so happy and exciting. So grateful for the blessings and miracles that we are seeing and experiencing in this area. 

   Last Tuesday the zone leader came to interview all of the baptismal candidates. They all passed with flying colors.  Hearing their testimonies and hearing them answer the questions was such a good spiritual experience for me. I was really impressed with one investigator. She said before she didn't want to listen to the missionaries but over time her heart was softened and now she is baptized. The Church is true. 

   Last Wednesday is when we found out that President Monson died. He was a great man and prophet. I am so thankful for all of his counsel and teachings over the years as I have grown up. I will miss him. But I know that the man that replaces him will be called of God and will be the leader of the church. I know that the prophet is called of God and through the prophet, Jesus Christ guides this church because it truly is His church and He directs it through revelation.  

   Last Thursday we visited and helped our baptismal candidates to be ready.  I'm so excited for them.   We taught this restoration lesson where the spirit was so strong. It was awesome to testify and feel the spirit confirm that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and the Book of Mormon is the key. I really believe that. I love the Book of Mormon and it has helped me a lot. So important that we are reading it everyday. 

    Friday elder Vermillion (senior missionary) interviewed one of our baptismal candidates. I was the translator.  That was a really cool interview. The Tagalog flowed so well. Sometimes it can be hard to go from English to Tagalog because sentence structure is different but the words came right to my mind and it was so easy to speak. I felt like I was speaking beyond my own ability. It was really cool and the spirit was strong.  We then taught some investigators that we are very impressed with. They have made huge changes in their life. It shows how the Gospel is the answer to every problem and Jesus Christ is there to help us.  

   On Saturday we had the baptisms.  It was amazing, 7 people were baptized and all of them part members.  So many families are getting completed which was amazing.   We baptized in a small swimming pool.  One kid said "ang sarap"(delicious) after he got baptized.  Hearing their testimonies was amazing.  Some cried and it's cool to see a new light come into their eyes.  

   On Sunday we had the confirmations.  It was another great spiritual moment.  Also president Koster called at night and said I will stay in the area and will train.  I'm excited and nervous.  

   On Monday I got a package and letters from my home ward.  Thank you to everyone that sent something. 

 This week was great and full of miracles. I hope you all have a great week too.

Elder Snyder  



No comments:

Post a Comment