Tuesday, January 30, 2018

WEEK 75: 21 GUN SALUTE

  This week was very busy and we had many great and wonderful things happen and many new things. 

  On Tuesday our investigator was interviewed for baptism and passed!  It was great. I have seen a change in him and how he has gotten better and how much the gospel has blessed his family.  He is the last one in his house to be baptized.

   On Wednesday we had to travel to aurora chapel in Manila.   We left in the morning and got a 3 hour jeep ride to the chapel.  The meeting was great which was for trainers and trainees.  I learned a lot that I can apply.  It was very spiritual and uplifting.  We had a 5 hour jeep ride back to our area.  There was tons of traffic, it was rough haha.   We got a tender mercies as we were able to catch jeeps fast and keep going even though there was traffic. 

    Thursday we had many things happen.  It started out great because two of our investigators got married so they can be baptized!   It was so exciting and we are so happy for them because they are one step closer.   The couple missionaries came with us and the branch president and his wife. I was asked to give the opening prayer at the wedding.  The wedding was at the municipal hall and they were marrying 5 couples.  They asked me on the spot but it went alright, it was cool. The people were stunned when I did the prayer in Tagalog.    Last week a husband of a member passed away and so on Thursday there was a funeral service where there were speakers.  The branch president asked me to speak.  I was a little nervous.  I have never spoken at a funeral before but I felt the spirit and the words just flowed and my mind was clear and calm and I think it went well.   The Plan of Salvation is focused on the Atonement and is a plan that gives us hope. 

    On Friday we had a cool experience.  We were walking up a hill and saw this guy and we said "hi" and he waved but we kept walking.  We just didn't feel content so we went back.  The guy that waved was gone but we "knocked" (there's no knocking really just saying tao po.) and another guy came to the gate.  This guy was awesome and so nice and said we could come back.  It was a simple thing but shows how the Spirit can guide us and that Heavenly Father knows who will accept the message.  

   On Saturday we had the baptism!!!!!  It was awesome, everything went smooth. I am so thankful we had the baptism and for the young mans faith and desire. It was incredible.  This was my companions first baptism that he performed on his mission.  It was a great day.  The Spirit was strong and I was very happy. 

   On Sunday the young man that was baptized was confirmed, everything went great.  After the meetings there was the burial of the person I mentioned earlier.  He was a soldier so the military did it and there was a 21 gun salute, it was a good service.  Later that day we were able to contact referrals, teach great lessons and make some progress with other investigators.  It was very fulfilling !   We are seeing many small miracles everyday and wonderful things happening.  The church is true.  Have a great week. 
 
 Elder Snyder



I'm Still Taller


No comments:

Post a Comment