Saturday, May 13, 2017

WEEK 38: ONE DAY.. 12 BAPTIZED IN THE OCEAN

    My email this week will be mostly focusing on the upcoming baptisms we have on May 13th.  It’s one family and 12 of them are getting baptized, they are so amazing and are so excited. I am so thankful for them. They are interviewed and ready to go, and I am so excited for them. The Lord is really blessing this area and the way we found them was truly a miracle. Miracles are always happening. 

   So last Wednesday we taught this huge family (actually it’s two families but they’re all related). They are the Tribucio and Magsino families. They understood what we taught so well and are pumped for their baptism. Then on Thursday we reviewed the baptismal interview questions with them and filled out the baptism and confirmation records.  It was awesome because it took so long.  My companion took a group and reviewed baptism questions and I would do the BCR's.   It took so long but it was a great experience since  there were so many.  It actually took a few hours and then we were able to go and see some of the new missionaries coming to Mindoro.  Oh yeah it was transfer week and I'm staying here with my companion but there were new missionaries coming.  They got picked up by the couple missionaries from the port and then we met up for a few minutes and then we taught these new great investigators.  They listened with open hearts and even asked us when they could be baptized.  It was so awesome, so many blessings.

   Then on Friday we had district service which was awesome.  We did some hard core weeding in these yards.  It was overrun big time with weeds. Our service helped them out a ton.  Friday morning this lady rolled up on her bicycle and was selling frogs, so of course we bought some and we fried them up for lunch and it actually tasted really good. The beginning of my mission it would have been hard to eat but man it was so good and I just dove right in.
  
   On Saturday the Tribucio and Magsino families were interviewed and all 12 of them passed.  This last Sunday was the best Sunday on my mission and the best fast and testimony meeting of my life.  Some members of the Tribucio and Magsino families that will be baptized bore their testimonies, it was incredible. Words can’t describe it.   They have truly received a witness of the truthfulness of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It was amazing to hear their testimonies and how they've changed and how much happier they are now.  It strengthened my testimony and made me so happy.  I can't even explain it but I am so excited for them and so thankful we have had the opportunity to teach them and help them come closer to Christ.  So they will be baptized in the ocean on May 13th, 2017 and become some of the first members in this area and help us progress to becoming a branch. I love this area. 

I also would like to bear my testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and he was called of God. He received the priesthood which is truly the power and authority to act in God's name. I can testify of the power of the priesthood. I also know that the Book of Mormon is true and is one of the greatest things that God has ever given us. I know that it can change lives, because I have seen it change the lives of others and even my own life. I know that God loves us and that is why he gave us the Book of Mormon and why we have living prophets. I challenge anyone who feels they are drifting away to study the Book of Mormon with real intent and you WILL feel God's love but you must turn to Him in faith.  I know that Jesus is the Christ and He was chosen to become our Savior and only through Him can we return to our Heavenly Father. I know that He loves us along with our Heavenly Father and they have a plan for us and that plan is perfect and as we do our part and follow the commandments then we can find true happiness in this crazy world.  I love you all so much and wish you the best. 

Elder Snyder



Frogs..Yum

Great Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment