Saturday, February 4, 2017

WEEK 24: BAPTISMS IN OUR NEW CHAPEL!

  
Last Monday we taught some lessons and had a great day.  On Tuesday I got some birthday packages and a package from the young women in my home ward, shout out to cascade 7th for being the best. thank you so much. Also shout out to my mom for sending delicious treats. 
    Tuesday we were so busy and taught a lot. it was so great. we had great lessons and teaching is awesome.  It makes the time go by so fast.  also we found out that president would be going to each apartment to do interviews. there's 200 missionaries here, that's a lot of apartments. and some of us are on a different island. 
    Wednesday we were teaching and this lady was saying the closing prayer and then she just went silent. I honestly thought she fell asleep, a few minutes later she ended with an amen. haha I have no idea what happened. maybe she just switched to a personal prayer.  We taught a tatay who has some really hard trials right now and so we shared Alma 38: 3-5 and when we had him replace his name in verse 5 he started crying and the spirit was so strong.  It was such a good experience, hard to describe. I really felt a true love more for that tatay, he's a good guy.  He's a funny tatay too. He has to get a headlamp to read the book of mormon so its bright enough haha.  
   Good news! our chapel is finally open and we went to church there and baptized  pero darating ako diyan. (i'll get there)
   Thursday we had zone conference which was so awesome. There was a missionary broadcast and I learned so much, it was a great experience. We also got new changes to our schedule and key indicators so that's pretty cool.  My mission president and his wife are great people, I'm so thankful for them.  On the way home from zone conference we were in serious traffic on a cramped jeep and it was a million degrees, we had to travel kind of far to the conference.  It was horrible but we eventually arrived home and had time to teach one lesson.
    On Friday I was thinking about the temple and how grateful I am to have a temple in my mission so we can go there and help people progress in going to the temple. we teach for the temple. The temple is amazing and should be the focus of everyone.  We also taught a guy that day that just went off on us, he all of a sudden got so mad. I understood his Tagalog but I still don't understand why he was mad and neither does my companion but we stayed calm and finished .  I  think we were able to handle it pretty well by the spirit and we surprisingly were able to get a return appointment. We'll see how it goes. 
   On Saturday we had two more baptisms!!!!!!!!! They were the first baptisms at the new chapel. The chapel is so nice and amazing.  The baptism went so much smoother this time.  I was able to baptize our investigator named Christine and we had a ward member baptize Roberto. Roberto was an OYM I had on my fourth day in the field and now I am so happy to have seen him enter the waters of baptism. It was so amazing.  He has grown so much over the past 4 months. It has taught me a lot about perseverance  and never to give up on anybody. 
    Sunday we had our first sacrament at the new chapel. During sacrament meeting a parade went by, it was a "fiesta". People painted themselves and were dancing and drunk and carrying their shrines around. It was pretty loud and crazy.  The confirmations were very spiritual, they were smiling as they received the gift of the holy ghost. I'm so happy for them.  Now we just need to get them to the temple.  
   I had an awkward experience happened last night on the jeep. I got on and sat down and looked across from me and there's this lady breast feeding with no cover.  It was very awkward and surprising. haha . Philippines is different than America because no one else acted like it was out of the ordinary.  
    We have a basketball challenge later. If we win then we get to teach them.  I'll go read some war chapters in the book of Mormon to get pumped for the mighty battle that will commence later. love you all. 


Elder Snyder



Our new church building
Hey look, a member brought us Balut












No comments:

Post a Comment