Friday, September 23, 2016

WEEK 5 : MTC - LEAVING EARLY

Hello everyone.
     This week has gone by so fast because I'm so excited. We got our travel plans! Its going to be a long flight and we get to jump 2 days into the future so that's pretty cool. I'll make sure to let you know if anything cool happens in the future. The 3 in a row streak of apostle speakers ended but it was OK because we had Elder Clayton speak of the presidency of the seventy. Every time we have a devotional I feel the Spirit so strong and want to go out and teach the Gospel right then.  Elder and Sister Clayton taught us some great things about serving and working hard and making sure we realize our purpose and do our part to bring others unto Christ. The more I learn to rely on the Savior the more I learn about missionary work.  It is such an important work and I'm so thankful I have the opportunity to serve. I'm very excited and nervous to actually leave next Wednesday. Its going to be so intense arriving into a new culture. I'd say I'm more excited than nervous though.  The MTC is just the same and I'm ready to go teach people the Gospel even if my Tagalog isn't amazing. I'm learning so much still and improving everyday which is good.  
    My district has still been dominating other districts in kickball. We are still undefeated. We have a solid group of athletic guys. Its so fun and I'm going to miss them but half of my district is going to Quezon City so I'll probably  see them again.  Also here at the MTC we teach members over Skype and its really hard. Its hard because it lags. Tagalog is hard enough but when you only get every third word its even harder but we pushed through and just did our best to teach by the Spirit and it was a good lesson. Also, it was so awesome today at the temple because I saw President Beeson!(Stake President) I love him so much and it was so nice to talk with him. Other than that nothing new happened. My next email will be from the Philippines and then it will get more exciting. I love and miss you all. Remember that all things are possible through Christ and that He loves each and every one of us. He wants us all to come unto Him. Alma 26 is an awesome chapter and I bet most people have read it but I encourage you to read it again because there is always something new to learn from the scriptures. Gusto ko pumunta sa pilipinas at mahal ko ang tagalog! Alam ko po na totoo ang simbahan at totoong propeta si joseph smith at isinalin ni joseph smith ang aklat ni mormon sa pamamagitan ng kapangyarihan ng Diyos. Ang Aklat ni Mormon ay salita ng Diyos. Mahal ko nila. Ingat po.

Pagmamahal

Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment