Friday, September 2, 2016

WEEK 2 : MTC - BED BUGS?



    The MTC is way better now.  This last week has been awesome and hard.  Its hard learning the language because its so weird but I love learning how to say new things. Teaching is getting better in Tagalog.  Teaching is actually fun and I'm so excited to be able to teach real investigators in the Philippines.  They are going to be so awesome.  The room next to mine got bed bugs which was weird and freaky but my bed is safe for now.  Hopefully it will stay that way.  My district is awesome. We've all become such good friends in such a short amount of time.  I guess thats what happens when you're basically always together.  We had a great Sunday devotional and  Tuesday devotional. I always look forward to them.  They are so spiritually uplifting and comforting and motivate you to work even harder. Richard J. Maynes spoke on Tuesday about missionary work and it was awesome.  He talked about the worth of one soul and how much missionary work can bless me but especially the people I will teach.  The MTC is just the same old schedule so there's not a lot of new stuff that happens here.  The temple was great as always and we ate lunch at the temple after the session and it was heavenly.  So good.  It is always great to have real food.      Our teachers names are Brother West and Brother Atoigue. (AH-TOY-GWEE) he is so funny and they're both great teachers. In one week we'll be the most senior Tagalog speaking missionaries at the MTC so that will  be cool.  There's no way I could learn Tagalog as fast as I am without help from the Lord.  There's no other way. I'm nowhere close to as good as I was with spanish and spanish words keeping popping into my head but it'll pass.  Its funny when I'm teaching I'll want to say something and not know how and accidently start saying it in Spanish and then have to backtrack and start over. Everyone here is awesome and it is such a spiritual place even if it does work you to death. Also I'm a  professional with throwing sun chips like a ninja star. No big deal.​  ​I'm so happy to be here and I hope everyone has a great week.  


Elder Snyder





No comments:

Post a Comment